What is Self Care?
Self care is the practice of taking care of yourself physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually. The principle behind self care is that if our relationship with ourselves is healthy else in our life will follow and flow.
What does daily self care look like?
Here are 5 things you can do daily to improve the quality of your relationship with yourself and your level of self care:
- Physical self care: This can include things like regular exercise, getting enough sleep, and eating a healthy diet. (Go HERE to learn more about physical self care).
- Mental self care: This can include activities like meditation, breathwork, journaling, and engaging in activities that bring you joy and, or relaxation. (Go HERE to learn more about mental self care).
- Spiritual self care: This is the domain of prayer and meditation, or simply spending time in nature. Taking time to connect with a higher power can enliven in you a sense of purpose, peace and fulfilment. ((Go HERE to learn more about spiritual self care).
- Emotional self care: This can include connecting with family and friends without expectation, also seeking support from a therapist to help you learn to set boundaries, and practice self-compassion. This is essential for overall health and happiness. No one does life on their own. ((Go HERE to learn more about emotional self care).
- Social self care: This can include things like taking part in community affairs, or just connecting with others. Building and maintaining strong social connections is important for overall well-being. (Go HERE to learn more about social self care).
To find out more about how you can improve your mental health schedule a free call with Bassam
What you can discuss with Bassam during your strategy call:
During your strategy call with Bassam you’ll be able to discuss:
- Your current self care practices as well as any challenges or barriers you might be facing in maintaining a quality relationship with yourself.
- Your goals and what you hope to achieve in this all important area in your life, like improving your sleep, managing stress, or boosting your mood.
- Strategies and action steps you can start taking taking in order to improve your overall quality of life
- Follow-up and accountability to help you stay motivated and accountable to your goals
Overall, the purpose of your strategy call with Bassam is to identify how you can improve your level of self care, develop a plan, and establish a roadmap for achieving your goals.